View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2022, 07:39 (Ref:4098361)   #57
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
the drivers seemed more then capable of managing the larger front wings that they couldn't properly see the end plates of...any reason to think they wont be able to manage their cars dimensions with the larger tires with the aero bit over them?
I'm not saying they are not capable of handling it. I'm saying it is one of the many drawbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Why are these five factors important?
- Visibility.
- Weight.
- Lower centre of gravity.
- Less drag.
- Less aero distrubance.
To ask this question, fundamentally, is to ask oneself, why am I interested in F1 in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
IMHO the bigger/wider tyres look awesome and the smaller/narrower ones look lame and that is a significant (indeed, to me, decisive) advantage.
Well perhaps I should accept we live in a world that prioritizes the look of a car over the ability of a racing driver being able to look out of his cockpit and see the damn parts of the track he is being well paid to navigate around...

If these F1 cars weren't such enormous barges, smaller wheels would look perfectly proportionate. I didn't hear anyone complain about the small wheels and tires on the 2021 cars though. As V8 Fireworks already said, the teams didn't want the further reduction in wheelbase the FIA had proposed. Maybe with the drop of the MGU-H in 2026, we will see another effort to decrease the size (and weight) of the cars.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.