View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2022, 15:25 (Ref:4098503)   #66
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
https://www.racefans.net/2022/02/09/...lt-verstappen/

Another driver pointing to the poor visibility with the new tyres:

“For me actually, the biggest thing is just the view in the cockpit with these big tyres,” he said. “To hit an apex in some tight corners is a bit more difficult.

Red Bull’s chief engineer Paul Monaghan:

“It’s certainly put a bit of weight onto the car, the tyre is bigger overall, so it has a fairly significant aerodynamic effect.
Apologies for the delayed response to this - but I went back through the article and looked at what the Red Bull staff actually said:

"To hit an apex in some tight corners is a bit more difficult." - Good
"The driving just feels like the car has a bit less grip" - Good
"It’s certainly put a bit of weight onto the car, the tyre is bigger overall, so it has a fairly significant aerodynamic effect." - so what? Deal with it
"It’s a bit of a new drawing board for us, isn’t it?" - Good

Everything Red Bull are highlighting about the new tyres (IMO) is a good thing, it means teams and drivers have to work a bit harder.