View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4099059)   #94
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Albon spent the year racing a Ferrari GT car where he can't see the tyres at all, I doubt it's a major problem!

How do touring cars drivers like Sutton cope when all can they see is the dashboard?

It would be nice if the front tyre diameter was less, but it is what it is, oh well.
This (I think) sums up the debate.

There are some (many?) who are not in favour of the 18" wheel for many factors, and are trying to formulate an argument against their use in F1. However a lot of the 'evidence' is just a recognition of the situation, none of it as actually an issue that needs to be resolved.
Every time I hear a driver talk about difficulty, challenge, adapting etc, I'm reminded of the amount of times F1 cars are claimed to be 'too easy' to drive.