View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4099499)   #107
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
The original 18" tyres with a smaller total diameter - 7 years ago, that's how slow things change in F1! - were certainly more pleasing, but it is what it is. F2 have raced the LMP diameter tyres without issue.

Thanks for digging up this photo. I was searching for these shots to illustrate my up thread explanation of how they started out with 18'' inch at a still normal diameter (around 690mm I suspect) but eventually ended up with something much larger and couldn't get off their 18'' horse no more because they made so much fuss about it.

Here is the shot of the 2022 Mercedes. At the rear especially you can well see the difference in tyre wall height of the initial concept and what we en up with. Also note the driver visor height in comparison to the to of the tyre/wake deflector in both images.

Now I will do as promised and go back into thread hibernation because I was getting a bit of a grumpy old fart over this.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.