View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2022, 19:32 (Ref:4101112)   #86
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
My recent work using a mathematical model to compare BTCC drivers has shown up this ranking a bit and found some interesting conclusions as to which drivers need to be higher or lower:

Paul Radisich should be rated much higher than eighteenth. He comfortably beat Andy Rouse, Will Hoy and Tim Harvey in the same car, and ranks among the very best.

Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden are quite overrated by most people (including myself), and actually the Hondas they drove for most of their careers were more dominant than they appeared. I have also overrated Jason Plato quite a lot, but not to the same extent.

Colin Turkington is the greatest of his era, but was not quite as good as the best super touring aces Menu, Rydell, Aiello or Radisich.

And Dave Newsham should definitely have been on the list, he was far better than we all thought.

I will release a full analysis soon.