Thread: Rich Energy
View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2022, 18:36 (Ref:4101989)   #691
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I have noticed that many business leaders (and sales people) tend to have personality traits of being optimistic, dreamers, and self confident. Which is not bad traits. But sometimes those can manifest in particularly bad ways such as living in a dream world of rose colored glasses and even some level of delusion. When I say delusion, I mean struggling to differentiate between reality (how things really are) and fantasy (what they wish them to be).

This can create people like Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos fame and many others. They are effectively grifters who probably fully believed the lies as they came out of their mouths. They may have even meant well. Eventually the house of cards all comes tumbling down. I suspect Storey at some level also believes what he says.

I am not saying "all" fit that category, or exhibit the extreme negatives. My father was a sales person his entire life. He was optimistic, a dreamer, and self confident. But he was also ethical and grounded in reality (at least as grounded as any serious dreamer can be!)

Richard
They often favour the practice of ' I have said it, therefore it must be true or has happened' when neither may be the case. You then re-announce an old annnoucement and press play and repeat...