View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2022, 01:05 (Ref:4102174)   #1028
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I'd say it's a total win for Haas, but I wonder about how sensible it is for the career of Kevin Magnussen. He was in a works effort, in a world championship with a real chance of winning races and possible even the championship. He was also in another seat with a team that knows how to win and he could definitely be in the fight in most races. Instead he goes back to a team owned by a backer who likes to spend less, and a team which even if they improved greatly probably wont challenge for wins, and absolutely not have a chance at a world championship.

All that to be racing in F1?
I doubt there would be many if any drivers in the world that would turn down a place on the F1 grid to race in another series.Regardless of how competitive the different drives are.After all impressing in a slower F1 car is the best way to get in a faster F1 car.Also as someone pointed out it is The Show where crowds are measured in hundreds of thousands compared to tens of thousands (if that) and tv audiences have the same multiples if not much bigger.