View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2022, 08:59 (Ref:4104867)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
I'd have thought a lot of the rounds (especially Lydden) are going to be closer to 'traditional' rallycross in terms of jumps so we're less likely to see struts smashed through bonnets. It's been a while since the last race but from memory there was a general improvement in reliability through the season, we saw cars retiring more from mistakes and crashes rather than outright mechanical problems.
I thought the whole season was pretty hard on the cars, though I agree that some of the latter races didn't seem to have quite as many smashed cars.

They have talked about making tracks more extreme for the new cars, but I wonder how that will work with the support races as well: one route for one class and another route for the others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Also the electric car has been built specifically with NRX in mind and is probably a bit closer to the Extreme E type buggy so will probably handle jumps better anyway. Going to wait and see what the next few months bring in terms of news/entries/track layout but definitely blocking off the Lydden weekend for the minute.
Yeah. It's possibly an wildly inaccurate comparison, but I am currently seeing the FC1-X as a sort of electric trophy truck (but I was making comparisons with NRX and CORRS/LORRS last year so maybe that is still influencing me), irrespective of any comparison though, I definitely agree that they look more capable of handling jumps.

Lydden isn't a massive trek for me though, so I'm pretty sure I'll give it a look. Assuming that Supercars are running as a support series I hope we might see a car or two from the US make the trip over.