View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2022, 08:10 (Ref:4106247)   #569
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
That's an interesting take on it.

We need people to run our country, and we have chosen a political system to decide who does this. Therefore we need politicians, which makes it a 'proper job'.
So who best to take on that role - someone who studied it at university and then took on that job?

I think I get your point - but if we want to have a society with a media, legal, justice, political system etc. - then surely the best people for the job (in the main) are those who studied for it and make a career out of it?

If we barred people from standing under the age of 40, we'd soon have complaints that everyone is too old and out of touch with the younger generations.....
I wasn’t being entirely serious about the “40 thing”, however, I do think it’s important to have people making policies and decisions who have not just studied it but might also have an appreciation of the consequences of those policies/ decisions based on some experience.