View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4108084)   #556
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have been reading two theories regarding the Mercedes approach, that are interesting and (if true) reveal a lack of desperation within the team.

The first is that Mercedes have not rushed any upgrades, because they want to fully understand the problem(s) before they go about fixing. The thought being that if they notice an improvement, it would be difficult at this stage to know if it was because of an upgrade or a circuit influence.

The second is that they have deliberately made changes that increase the problem(s). It might sound counter-intuitive, but the thought is that if they can deliberately induce the problem in a controlled manner, they will better understand the causes and scale of effects.

If either (or both) are true, it would suggest that they are more focused on understanding rather than fixing at this stage.

A smart approach - or a result of the cost cap meaning that you only get so much opportunity to fix a problem, so you need to make sure the fix works?