View Single Post
Old 10 May 2022, 07:18 (Ref:4109500)   #127
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Seriously?

I know I can be pedantic at times, but this is a bit over the top. No, I was not a fly on the wall. How about I tweak my comment... "It was never stated to be a goal publicly". No doubt various aspects were discussed.
It's not an attack on you, I'm just pointing out that in the real world what is said publicly and behind doors are two different things.

- Shell puts out nice TV adds how green and progressive they are, but just couldn't resist that extra little discount they got on that Russian oil to help Putins war chest.

- There were never any parties at Downing street until there were.

- No politician ever goes to work for a company he has made policy for right?

Let's not pretend to we are more naive about this then we are. For Pirelli F1 is both a R&D investment as well as an marketing effort. The lower side wall helps on the R&D usefulness and the wheel size helps their market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Why did I ever step back into this pointless thread.

Richard
Well the wheel size instead of side wall height argument does not make any technical sense and across 9 pages no technically sound argument has been made why wheel size rather than side wall height would have any positive influence on technology transfer from F1 to either other motorsport classes or the road. If you or crmalcolm don't want the thread to go in circles than better make an effort to address that point.

I'm not forcing anyone to participate in the thread.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.