View Single Post
Old 10 May 2022, 12:22 (Ref:4109538)   #132
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I understand your point. My point is that I don't think every post needs to be qualified with an asterisk that explains it's just an opinion, etc. I think it was an extreme stretch to take my comment to mean that I was a participant in the "internal" discussion. So it came across a bit of "attacking me" vs. "attacking my post". And doing so via a pedantic point that didn't refute or respond to the point of my post.

Yes, occasionally people will make extraordinary claims and effectively say or infer they are "an insider". I think they do owe everyone some type of proof of who they are to back up their claims. But I have never gone down that path. I am not an insider. I am just a fan who I think is generally well read on some technical topics and have an engineering background. I also will say I am a very poor historian, which is why you never see me jumping into conversations about the specifics of some race decades ago, etc.

You are correct. Nobody is forcing me. I just keep getting sucked back in as I need to learn its not my job to respond to comments that I feel are provably wrong based upon public information. So I am stepping back out unless there is some new information vs. rehash of whatever has already been discussed ad-nauseam for pages. That is not a comment against the topic which is fine and has been discussed. But at this point it just goes round and round with the same points being made and discussed. Look at V8 Fireworks post above about 15" wheels (to illustrate that the 11th commandment wasn't that F1 would always have 13" wheels). He made the same (good) point on page five. Maybe he will again in a handful of pages. I don't fault him as he is doing the same thing I am doing. I just need to step off the merry go round as I am getting dizzy.

Richard
Like many of the threads on Ten Tenths this is another one where I act as an interested spectator without adding my own contributions. I gain interesting knowledge by doing so and am often amused/entertained by the way that differing views are exchanged. Sometimes however I find the exchanging of different views less entertaining (to say the least) but I must say that I think that in the post above you have xplained your position and reasoning in a very clear and non-confontational way, which I applaud
(I must now also add that this doesn't mean that I think that everyone else who has explained their position in this thead has been confrontational!)