View Single Post
Old 12 May 2022, 12:39 (Ref:4109746)   #77
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Anything that interferes with the racing after the flag drops and is not initiated by the driver is in fact an enhancer and should not be there and that includes tyre pit stops and DRS.
Would that also extend to banning re-fuelling etc? Why should a team not be able to run on minimal fuel and fill up as required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
This should be the pinnacle of car design and driver skill but that is not happening and never will. The pinnacle of motor sport? I don't think so.
I read this a lot, and wonder why the 'pinnacle' is considered to be car design / motor sport. This seems elitist, in that F1 is 'better' than all other car design and motor sport forms.

Many factors of car design exist outside of motor sport, and motor sport contains many disciplines other than formula racing.

When considering what is right for F1, I think it beneficial to remember that it is merely the pinnacle of open-wheeled single-seater motorsport only. As a result, it is entirely conceivable that other car design may be superior, and that other forms of motor sport may be more advanced. It is because it is open-wheeled that solutions such as DRS are required.