View Single Post
Old 25 May 2022, 16:13 (Ref:4111300)   #100
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
...Get rid of all the extraneous crap, give the driver a car and let's see who can manage the race best from the driver's seat without pit management...F1 is micro managed to a ridiculous degree and some of the control should be removed for the good of the sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
...The drivers are often at the mercy of what the teams want to do. Their impact has been lessened
this might just be the one area where we all agree.

if the drivers had to work out more of the strategy for themselves, what laps times to aim for, when to pit for fresh rubber, which part of the track to engage at and when to hold back and without the aid of real time pit wall data simulations, then perhaps they could achieve the relative performance differences needed to affect close racing and passing in a more natural way.

given the modern tools available to increase a drivers preparedness level, lets see how well they have learned and with with so many races on the calendar, try it out at one or two races i say.

at this point, does the pit wall need to make racing at Barcelona easier for the drivers?