View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4112382)   #116
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I dont know if things like kers push to pass etc are artificial.
Agree. Frankly it's all "artificial".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
There is always a way of going faster - briefly - that has to be planned if and when it is used. Push to pass or kers is just another. (or a Bottle of nitrous... hehehe)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's the point though isn't it - planning the use - DRS (apart from a few laps at the start - normally) is available for everyone throughout the race, that's extreme artificiality.
I struggle to understand how DRS is not like what bathurst calls out above. Application of throttle, brake and something like DRS are all to be applied at the right moment. Now the detection zone, 1 second rule, etc. you might say are more artificial than throttle or brake. But they (all of them... throttle, brake, DRS) are also tied to the circuit design... which is artificial in itself.

If you can't tell. I think call out just DRS as "artificial" makes little sense to me.

Richard