View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2022, 14:05 (Ref:4112396)   #119
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We don't disagree often, but we clearly do on this. DRS is basically 'push to sail past' whenever you like in any of the DRS zones.
Isn't that the same thing for the throttle? Both drivers can use it and both can push to pass when the correct conditions exist? If you are the lead driver with no DRS and the trailing driver has it, they can pass you. If you are the lead driver and you are not using your throttle (corner entry) and the driver behind you keeps his foot in it a bit later and passes. Is that not similar?

I know people could rip me on this comparison. And now, I am not saying that throttle, brakes and DRS are "equal", but the conditions in which they can be used are equally applied to each driver.

I also understand everyone is not going to agree on these points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Some of those zones are absurd in the manner in which they allow passes to be performed. I should stress that I'm not comparing it with what 'device' is employed in any other series or category of racing. Any such device is artificial, to a greater or lesser extent in that making it available reduces the skill a driver needs to make a pass. But making it available for virtually an entire race, in several places on a circuit - it's just overkill.
Overall, I am not arguing for DRS. Mostly that I think any argument that it is uniquely artificial can be torn down pretty quickly. I am not particularly a fan of DRS. I do think that there is likely to continue to need to be some type of "assist" given how optimally the cars of similar pace can be driven.

Richard