View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2022, 15:21 (Ref:4112414)   #122
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Isn't that the same thing for the throttle? Both drivers can use it and both can push to pass when the correct conditions exist?
No, I don't think so. Application of throttle (and brake) at the right time have been part of the essential skills of racing drivers since racing began. Having a hole appear in your rear wing at set points on a circuit every lap is just that - there is no skill whatsoever involved and the pass which follows is soulless, 'spice it up for the viewers because they must have lots of overtaking' artificiality.

I agree though, DRS is not uniquely artificial. The rule set, the cars and the circuits all impose artificiality, but DRS is (for me) the worst example, which I have found increasingly offensive, particularly recently. I'm not a 'purist' but I think we all know something isn't quite right when the driver's skill married with the capabilities of his car has to be enhanced in this way. I guess we just have to accept that 'not quite right' is how it has to be, it's just how the 'not quite right' is currently managed that isn't...... quite right. Maybe I've been watching too much from Goodwood.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 1 Jun 2022 at 15:30.