Thread: GT3: ACO style
View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2022, 10:23 (Ref:4115028)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

I think the ACO, if they wanted to, could just ditch it. But they know they need the GT classes. Yes maybe next couple of year they'll have so many Hypers and LMP2s, but that might not last.

I'm not convinced the add ons are that important. They will be relatively cheap. I suspect won't need much developing (BoP will win) and are cost capped so it will be affordable and not a difference maker for anyone who wants to race at Le Mans. Still be cheaper than GTE. I think I read it will be $50-$100k? People are investing in GTE at the moment and it is a dead category and more than 50-100k premium over GT3.

Anyway, long way to go before we see a car. This all could develop. Both our understanding and the actual situation.

I'm not a great fan, but not feeling it is awful either.