View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4116583)   #101
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow what a weekend that was. I didn't go in with much expectation and I was blown away. The Group E are amazing to watch, especially on Sunday. I enjoyed it much more than the Battles. It was so great to see so many people in the paddock, not the normal British RX crowd either. Hopefully some will come watch more races in the future. Despite teething issues for these brand new cars the racing was great all weekend. Massive shame Travis took out Meeke in the final, it would have been really good to see Meeke, Larsson, Bakkerud and Pastrana battle it out.

RX Cartel looked great all weekend. Having 4 cars with 4 completely different drivers makes a huge difference in terms of learning the new car. More cars will come before the end of the year. 2 mostly complete cars were at Lydden including a GRX car. 2 more are being built as well. Xite or VSC might buy a 3rd. I hope so as Meeke is so quick and deserves a full season.

The boost wasn't really highlighted this weekend but it's a major strategic part of each race. Drivers can use either 50Kw (~70hp) for 30 seconds or 150Kw (~200hp) for 10 seconds each race. That's why on the run to turn 1 some cars would drop back then pull ahead again. Hopefully graphics will be made for this as it will affect the races massively.

Megennis in NEXT was quick but so reckless, I think the Hansen mentality has rubbed off on him. He took out at least 3 cars. Glad to see Olofsson come back from the roll. He only had 1 working brake in the Rd1 semi, if he hadn't started he wouldn't be allowed in the final so the team just taped the car together and sent him out. And the suspension was broke all day but they didn't realise until the evening.

Crosscar was mega as well. Can't wait for that to grow in the UK. I'll wait to see how many race in BTRDA. I'm guessing about 5 but everyone is realising what a great class it is and next year it should be bigger than RX150. They cost like £20k but running costs are low and spares should be easy to come by. Hoping Rooke is one of those "big" names, especially as he'll drive one at the Motorsport Games

Supercar was kind of ignored for obvious reasons. At least the top 2 were close. McConnell and Belevskiy are doing all the European rounds, hopefully there are more locals at each event and that they can more easily challenge. British RX is a good national series but can't touch top Euro/World cars.