View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2022, 10:06 (Ref:4119082)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Paul, Whilst I tihnk we agree generally, budget has always eased people up the grid, to a point.
Agreed.

Quote:
A limit on tyres may help, but there would be ways round it I'm sure.
And this is what happens with App K, we are required to use tyres that only really work well when new or relatively new. I'd suggest a max of 8hrs per set for racing. They can be used for test days after that.

Quote:
Modern Pump fuel isn't good enough for old engines at any level of tune above poverty spec . . . They were never designed to run like that. I think the regs are good as they are, as you say, they haven't changed in 25 years for pre66 App K, but Cortinas are 10s a lap faster round Goodwood??? Trouble bring nothings enforced, thats they big problem. It's not financially or practically viable to do so.
Enforcement is a big problem but when the big teams are also sponsoring the event/series the appetite for stricter regulation probably disappears.

This is App K and, as Andy says, rules for other series may be more adjustable.