View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2022, 22:03 (Ref:4121721)   #36
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It will be interesting, I've asked some lawyery people I know and they said you would have to expect it for multiple reasons. Conflicting out locals due to Ganassi shop location, changing rules of discovery and increasing the damages they can demand beyond 75k of state court. It will SLOWWWWWW things down as they can't expect a hearing before the end of the season with the federal courts.

Feels like he'll finish out the season and a settlement will be reached with lawyers getting paid, Palou's agents being looked down upon by teams, and Palou in some form of McLaren for 2023. No chance he or the team really want him in the car but do wonder what NTT thinks about it, that could change what Ganassi wants to do and whether it's a pound of flesh, or more, they need to move on
Seems like regardless of whether Alex was in the wrong, it is CGR who stand to lose more here by pursuing this too heavily. Alex is not going to drive for them next year that is clear, but if they completely demolish him in court, are they risking their long term ability to source top quality talent for their seats? Who is going to want to sign for a team who will attempt to financially wreck a driver.

I get CGR being ****ed about all this, but at least in a public opinion forum, and even the Indycar paddock they are the ones who stand to lose more by going heavy handed here.