Thread: Zhou incident
View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2022, 08:05 (Ref:4122405)   #9
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hello folks, somehow I missed this thread completely.

Yep, (some of you know this already) that was my post and team. There was a lot going on and I found myself at the back of Zhou's car, holding it up against the fence so the FIA and local extrication teams could get the driver out. 15 minutes attached to a red hot tyre over the rear end of a modern F1 PU wasn't in my diary that day! We were all cogs in a big machine that ran brilliantly - in our briefing on Friday I said something to the effect of "we're all experienced and well trained so let's use that if anything happens", and they did.

In terms of circuit changes... I could see a couple of rows of TecPro spaced off of the Armco there, but that's an additional risk itself in terms of submarining.

I'm sure the powers that be will be thinking about it in terms of the bigger picture.