View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4122443)   #3138
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
With such high a sanctioning fees, how would tracks make their money back if there were no stands and no spectators in them? Would companies want to advertise on TV if there were no stands and no spectators?
iirc, FOM kept/keeps the revenue from the luxury/vip sections but this new Miami model with luxury seating/VIP cabanas/private boxes scattered around the track, often in lieu of grandstand seating for the punters, would mean the track keeps that revenue?

would be curious to know how that arraignments works, but if it is the venue/local promoters who keep that income then they may have have found a way to cover their fees and in the process found a new way for certain places to better monetize their events?

and if not, the city/state is paying for it anyways.

as for advertising...whats more valuable these days, actual people in grandstands or b-list celebs posting their access on their insta and tiktok feeds?

as broadrun said and i agree, several of these venues have squally moved into the category of 'it ain't for you or I'.

i suppose every sport/business has some event/activity that is there because it pays the bills and im ok with that if it means other less profitable places like Spa can remain. hopefully thats the quid pro quo here but i doubt it.