View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2022, 11:49 (Ref:4123089)   #361
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Is that the same as the new HPD 2.4L V6 Indycar engine? Do Indycar V6s have to be 90-degrees? It would make sense for HPD to use the same engine for both classes, if it can easily be adapted to meet the requirements of endurance racing.

[I don't know if you have to carry engine ballast in IMSA, but obviously any production-based engine for entrants using those is going to be a lot, lot heavier than a bespoke racing engine.]

I believe the old 3.5 was based on the single-cam J35, i.e., the run-of-the-mill Honda Accord engine, and was not even based on the twin-cam NSX 3.5 engine which was the more performance-orientated engine.

I wonder why Acura are not using the NSX engine but rather using this racing engine? I take it the smaller capacity will not create any disadvantage to rivals like Porsche or Cadillac using engines around twice the size (Mazda used to run 2.0L, right?)?
BOP, to bring them up, and cost savings of cheaper to build units for all of the above. And yes, Mazda used their old flamethrower MZR-R with its bespoke oil leaks/fires