Thread: Bernie
View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4124493)   #95
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
maybe this is a difference of age or more of a n.american attitude or perhaps just my own personal belief but my answer to 'Why?' is simply because it is sports and sports belong to the public.
I know you are not responding to me, but a point and a question..

1. Sports belong to the public? F1 is professional sports. It is commercial first, sports second. You might even say that ideal for non-professional sports doesn't even exist today in things like the Olympics (just look at home much branding and sponsorship exists in "Amateur" sports.)

2. Where else in sports do we know details of contracts? I don't follow NFL, etc. But my guess is that the answer is in professional series in which salaries are controlled as part of the financial model used by that series (such as cost caps). So contract information is known not out of a "right of the public", but because that is how the commercial side is structured. F1 might get there eventually. Right now drivers and a few others technical heads are excluded from the F1 cost caps. So those details are not public knowledge.

Richard