View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2022, 17:00 (Ref:4127547)   #26
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a great day!

I was startled to find myself on the front row after quali, can only assume that the early start found some still 'unbreakfasted' or whatever ... 2nd in Quali turned into Pole when Richard Wilson's Maserati split a radiator ... never been on Pole before ..

It didn't last long ...! The Farrellac and Allard blew past in short order, followed by the two Lola Mk1s ... I'm still learning this car and haven't got a quick getaway sorted, I'm not the world's quickest starter anyway, too protective of my machinery! Finished P5, lapping about the same pace as quali, whereas those ahead had all gone appreciably quicker.

Race 2, starting 5th now, but still with other bigger-engined cars immediately behind, so lost a couple on the run to Quarry, but got them back quite quickly, as well as one of the Lolas. Was running 4th when we were red-flagged, apparently for an offtrack medical emergency, hope all ok ... At the restart again I fell back a couple but recovered the places to finish in 4th.

Very enjoyable day, some friendly faces, beautiful weather, decent crowd, what's not to like?!

Really enjoying this car (thanks Iain!) and this Griffiths Haig series ... grids have been a little sparse, but nice mix of cars, good driving standards, 2 x 20-30 min races more to my taste than a single longer race (yes, even if that gives me twice the chances to mess up the starts!). Thanks to Tony Bianchi for instigating it, and HSCC for putting it on, very much hoping it continues next year. Very disappointed that I can not attend final rounds at Dijon, but work commitments and a funeral combine to make it impossible.