View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2022, 02:59 (Ref:4129110)   #56
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Turns out he had a broken damper in the car...

SVG penalty - I think the penalty is fair, but it would be good if BJR drivers wouldn't drive like donkeys that don't have mirrors. Jones had already thrown the thing off the road and lost a second so I don't know he can use the argument that he was "on a lap", and his line looked like he was letting Shane past.
With hindsight my comments yesterday re SVG in 'the incident' were a tad premature.... I was not aware at the time that Jones had already blown his lap at T1, and admit Jones seemed to brake early before the contact. I think SVG thought Jones was giving him room but none the less not the best place for Shane to make a move and hence the penalty.
Mitigating circumstances for SVG but still agree the penalty was fair....