View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2022, 09:55 (Ref:4129165)   #16
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Concerning weaving, usually when drivers are attempting to put heat into tyres, I have always thought that there were rules in place that stipulated that drivers should not weave over a certain amount of the track. I can't now remember how much, but I seem to recall that it was between half and two thirds of the width.

However, if this is/was the case, it seems to me that this is not policed in F1 let alone on the UK circuits for club and national racing. Consequently, drivers are going from one side of the track to the other, and, of course, barking at the same time to put heat into the brakes which also heats up the wheels that transfers into the tyres.