View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2022, 08:42 (Ref:4129653)   #372
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
I think we might see quite a few changes this winter as I am sure a few teams will be unhappy with how their seasons panned out;

Dynamics - 7 podiums between their drivers is very below-par for them. Time for a new car? Have they got the budget to go and build some new shape Civics which look quite slippery....
BTC - can they sort their engine issues out? Maybe go back to the Honda/Neil Brown unit?
Laser Tools - a few good results but generally midfield which isn't where Aiden wants to be
Motorbase - rumours of new cars (not Fords) for the NAPA pairing, but Jackson and Osborne were back markers this year. Jackson scoring less points than 2 Cupras and the 2 Astras
PMR - The Astras are never going to be at the pointy end now, where do they go car wise to stay in the series?

Likely to be some movement TBL wise too - will Boardley sell his on pushing Hard down to a 3 car operation?
I think you're spot on there, 2023 could be a year of significant change.

Probably a lot of driver changes over the winter, hopefully some new cars on the grid, possibly some team changes too. While Plato and Collard have confirmed they are leaving, it was probably also the last appearances for several drivers on the grid I would imagine unless they can stump up the budget for 2023. There's a few talented names in MINI JCWs and other series who could be good enough to make the step-up if they have the sponsorship/funding.

With regard to Boardley's 2 TBLs, I wonder if Alan Gow might try and get them back to reduce the grid to 27 cars (something he's wanted to do for years). Otherwise, where they end up could be quite interesting for the overall composition of the grid next year. Fingers crossed the TBL ownership should get announced in early December.