View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2022, 10:06 (Ref:4129667)   #375
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Collard via Autosport:

"But the sport’s changing a lot – there’s a reason why people like Jason [Plato] are retiring.
“I’ve raced against some of the best people in the world in karts, British F3 and GT – I’ve won in pretty much every championship I’ve done but I haven’t been able to do it in touring cars.
“Coming back here, I’ve had an absolute blast, but this is where I’m at.”

Basically sounds like he can't handle losing. Off to join Oliphant in Australia, slowly becoming a BTCC retirement home!
Yeah interesting to know what he's getting at. I think we all know what the BTCC is nowadays but there is still some top drivers out there who will take some beating. Sutton and Ingram would have been salaried drivers back in the ST days, no doubt about it. You don't just turn up and win against drivers like that as Collard seems to think he should be able to do.

It may no longer be a manufacturer driven series with good looking drivers on massive wages but it's far from purely a Gentleman's pursuit for people who want to dot around and have a nice Sunday and as long as the car isn't scratched they don't care where they finish