View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4129773)   #141
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
You wanted to know my thoughts about it being a corner case, I made an argument, after having given it more time and races, that it is not and furthermore it detracts from the most interesting races, namely wet races (even if they are rare). Meaning that it detracts more from a season that just the percentage of races because it compromises potentially the most exiting ones.
We will just have to disagree on this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
Personally I suspect today it's more of a problem because today's intricate aero design energizes the air around and beneath the car more to a highly turbulent mess which is then intermixed with more water from these wider tires to form a mist with finer droplets and than sucked into the air more strongly by the ground effect and the diffuser and rear wing.

This finer mist opposed to just spray stays suspended in the air longer leading to worse visibility. This last bit is just my gut feeling which is not backed up by facts.
Maybe it is worse? You are stating a problem or a cause to a problem. What is your proposal to address the aero aspect? We know what it looks like with the current and prior aero concepts (Lots of spray for both). What is your third option? While I think you can make tweaks to either of those, I don't think it will change things much with respect to spray. The only other options are enclosed bodywork with regulation based methods to capture or reduce spray (convert F1 into prototype cars) or remove the aero (convert F1 into powerful Formula Ford cars). You might get some fan traction here with that last option. But there is zero chance of it happening. And in the end, it is the tires that contribute the most and again, in my opinion zero chance of that changing for the reasons you have stated.

Overall, I would like to see others (here or elsewhere) to champion this idea. And I don't see that. Because if it is just the two of us talking (you for it, me very much against it), I don't see the conversation progressing. It's just the same for/against arguments.

I do respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it.

Richard