View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2022, 16:12 (Ref:4130041)   #143
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
BTW, Max and Charles don’t consider it corner cases:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...elli/10382680/

He has even volunteered to help Pirelli with the wet races situation.
I think Max was offering to help improve the performance of the full wet as it's performance was not good given the performance of the intermediates.

But in that article Charles did call out the spray.

Quote:
Ferrari's Charles Leclerc believed one important aspect that needs looking at is the amount of water thrown up by the current tyres, as that makes it hard for drivers to see through the spray.

"I think a big problem of these cars is just the visibility," he said. "So whatever we can do to try and improve the visibility and minimise the spray, especially behind the cars, this will be hugely beneficial.

"I believe that sometimes we can actually run for the conditions of the track but just because of the visibility, because it's so dangerous being behind and you don't see anything, that we end up not running at all.

"We should try and find a solution, for some reason, to try and minimise the spray."
The spray is a problem. But it has been around forever. I am not against a solution, I just don't agree with the solutions in this thread. I really don't think there IS a solution that does not conflict with other requirements already talked about in this thread.

I did see this on reddit and I immediately thought of this thread and it made me smile.

Richard