View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4130509)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
Well said as always, Tom...I'm glad to hear that he's committed to racing for a few more years, we need more honest and passionate racers like him.

I kind of like the idea of the 'World Tour', although I would have preferred it be left as an open-entry single-race 'World Cup' and, given how series that have adopted a similar format like Formula Ford EuroCup and BeNeLux TCR recently turned out, I'm concerned as to how well it will actually work. Fingers crossed...
Agree about the open-entry formula, on the other hand if they manage to get the best drivers of the national/regional series which results in a full grid there's no need for open entry drivers. If they are good they are already invited.

It will be interesting to see if the drivers like Girolami, Ehrlacher, Huff turn up in a TCR series.