View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2022, 15:35 (Ref:4131943)   #198
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
If you can do Sebring, you can do Le Mans. As a newbie I found Sebring much more difficult. It is set up for regulars who know what they are doing. It’s in the middle of nowhere. It’s not intuitive where to go. Le Mans is bigger but it is better signposted, easier to get around, far more information available, more people to ask. And everyone you’re likely to deal with speaks English (which, of course, is almost true of Sebring as well ).
Sebring was easy since I could drive there, and I could sleep in my car. Met with a bunch of other friends. Use to go there a day early and park the car off to the side. At 8:00am I would run to the gate and get my ticket and walk in. As soon as I got inside, I would run to the foot bridge and get the closest position on the infield near the hair pin turn as I could. Once there I would begin to coordain off the area for others and set up camp. Once the others arrived, we would be ready to hold position. I would then walk back to the car and I would drive over the road bridge and bring it into our camp. Strength in number you know. Things were pretty wild back then. This was classic 1980ish tactics. Kind of mis those days. The Petit Le Mans seems... tame and civilized in comparison.