View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2022, 08:49 (Ref:4133595)   #24
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
1 Max position wasn't giving to him by Perez but was a result of a difference in pace. As shown by the 4s gap at the finish line. There was no position to give back, at most a request from RB to just let Perez passed to aid him in the points.
Perez - "I was told to let him by and that I was going to get back the position. I don't know what the complications were on his side, no idea. Maybe you should ask him about it. Nothing to say really. After all I have done for him, it is a bit disappointing to be honest."

Quote:
3 So if Max had slowed down to the point of almost standing still 8s, how would that've looked? Don't sound like proper racing to me.
I think a lot of people would have respected him for playing part of a team result, an helping his team-mate out. If Mercedes are a genuine threat in 2023, Max may need some of that assistance in return.

Quote:
4 Are we equally critical of Sainz or does one think differently because of disliking of Max?
People will give the same criticism to Sainz, and have done. Or does one think differently because of liking Max?

Quote:
5 Should someone be handed a position if he doesn't manage to stay ahead of a teammate that comes all the way from the back?
Yes - if they were given a compromised pit strategy to cover off another driver. It's about working together as a team for each other to benefit.

Quote:
6 No one will care if somebody was let passed or not in a few weeks. One can call the championship tarnished if one very much wishes to do so, but in the bigger scheme of things it's peanuts.
I guess we'll see if there is no mention of this again in the future. I suspect (as F1 has a way of turning out) that this incident will come back in the future. If I had to predict - Verstappen will be in a close battle with a Mercedes at the next round and be asked to compromise his strategy to give Perez an advantage. We'll see then how he reacts.