View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2022, 11:41 (Ref:4134456)   #20
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think I am probably quite safe with a 60 point lead, and would feel scummy if I just copied steve_r's picks, so will instead just be going for a race win in the final round. Luckily for me, Beau2 is probably a bit too far behind as he/she has gone for the 'go big or go home' tactics for a few rounds, I think, as I did at the end of last year when I was the hunter (predicting Hamilton and Verstappen to take each other out in Abu Dhabi).

I think I am quite lucky to have opened up a championship lead in the closing rounds, and if things had gone slightly differently it would have been much closer and I might have made more tactical picks, although then the final round would have been done via direct messages to moderators to stop the championship leader copying their rivals.
If it has been close, then I might have held back until the last minute. But being second to such a commanding lead, I treated the last round like all the others and just threw the same old names around into an order like I have done all season.

I think last year I put in a weird last round prediction which would have got me the win if Verstappen and Hamilton got caught in a snow drift and the next best drivers filled the podium, but even that scenario would not have helped this time around!