View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2022, 19:48 (Ref:4135621)   #502
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I have a couple of friends who get automatic allocation each year, again they are long term members, for one of them it's about having the same seats in the ACO grandstand every year.
Personally I'm not bothered either way, both friends would be going anyway so it's not like they are getting something they wouldn't want.
It obviously goes back a long way and is probably more obvious now that we can book directly via the website. Prior to that I used to just send an email asking for the usual and they would respond with an invoice.
From an ACO point of view it's an almost guaranteed income (and fewer annoyed Members) and from a Members point of view it saves the mad scramble these days.

I have no idea how they copy with it from an admin point of view, knowing the ACO it's probably an old book with handwritten details in it!

PS - I am an ACO Member
Thanks for that, Geoff. I’ve been a member for 25 years but bizarrely, until 2019 I hadn’t ever booked a ticket direct with the ACO and this year was the first time since. As I don’t camp, I wouldn’t have expected to have any difficulty this year and entrance/grandstand booking was a breeze, but I hadn’t banked on the ACO closing my car park for next year…. I guess my problem is small beer compared to many..