View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2022, 06:58 (Ref:4137477)   #29
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
There is now a requirement for an ECG over-sixties for National licences. If I read the requirements correctly, it's required in the same years that a medical would be. However, unlike an international licence it's a resting ECG.
This year I raced once only and did two rallies, largely because I was working away in Falmouth for a significant portion of the year. I think my two licences cost about £270 but I didn’t need a medical.
I have no idea how many races or rallies I will be able to do in 2023 but it it might end up being similar to this year and I might need a medical, an ecg and an eye test.
I do see the medical and eye test as a good thing for general life but I do find it annoying that I seem to need them (and now an ecg) for my race licence but not for rallying. Maybe in the near future, if I just think I may do one or two races a year, I can save myself probably about £400 by just sticking to rallying.
What justification can there be for medicals and ecg in racing but not in rallying? Anyone?