View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4139618)   #79
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Doubts from existing teams all about greed according to Michael Andretti. Interesting method for winning friends and influencing people who need to agree to his team's entry being accepted.

Personally, I'd like to see Andretti (plus maybe 1 or 2 other suitably funded / setup teams) join F1 but I'm realistic enough to understand that there ARE commercial implications for existing teams & some accomodation needs to be reached. Existing teams have put in the hard yards, endured tough times, made difficult decisions & understandably don't want to have a new team (or teams) jump in when times are good, benefitting (at least partially) from the hard yards done by the existing teams and reducing existing team compensation without suitable payment.

I get the feeling from the article linked that Michael Andretti feels that he has some negotiating strength due to support from the FIA President and as a result is getting a bit "in your face" with the existing teams (at least in public) but approval from the FIA of itself won't get the team in.

It actually feels right now that the Andretti entry is more likely to unravel than was the case 3 or 4 months ago - but that's the problem with public posturing, there are going to be ups and downs.

Interesting times.