View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2023, 12:21 (Ref:4140519)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Someone with SERIOUS racing cred.

Order placed almost immediately after deal was struck for TCR to run here.

There was never any progress on the order. This car was never openly for sale at an agreed price, which is the rules for TCR.
Well clearly something is out with your information here.

The deal to run TCR in Australia was announced in January 2018, and so the deal will have been struck prior to this date. I'm not sure how someone can place an order almost immediately after this for a car that was not registered with WSC until 2019?

In accordance with the WSC regulations of 2018/19, the earliest that Lynk&Co had to process any order was after certification was completed. To achieve certification, they had 12 months to produce 10 units after application for Technical Acceptance was submitted.

Only once certification was completed would they be required to make the car available for customers. In Sep 2019 the order details and price were published (130K EUR) with the notified delivery date of Q1 2020.