View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2023, 16:03 (Ref:4140750)   #189
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
As I'm the one who has been 'pushing' Boom Radio I felt honour bound to try and answer some of your questions.
We've been listening to the station at home through our Alexa, in-car in my wife's DS4 for the past couple of years, and since Christmas in my Volvo with the DAB radio add-on gizmo since December. I'm sure that my ears are not as good as they used to having worked in noisy environments and around noisy engines for most of my life, but I've not really noticed any problems with the sound quality so hopefully you will be able to adjust the settings more to your liking.
Unfortunately I know nothing about portable CD players that you could use in the car, but even if one is available, it (and the assorted CD's) would be far more cumbersome than a USB stick with all of management's favourite albums copied onto it...
Hi Viva,

The Kia has a JBL system (supposedly) that I have tweaked a little and a memory card of MP3s, probably not all High Quality recordings, sound OK to me, as do the radio stations - or at least most of them making allowances for the moving about effect.

But Boom seemed a bit off by comparison. Listenable but just not quite with the clarity of the others. Pretty sure I could adjust that, but then probably compromise the others.

I have no idea what Management hears. She claims she can never hear me or understand what I am saying so perhaps she won't notice any difference.

I totally agree with you about CDs. But then there is a reasonable chance that both of us are similarly logical ...