View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4141299)   #243
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Delta tale.
Biking home a couple of weeks back dark and raining through a puddle and bang!!!!!down pot hole i go over the handle bars and splat on the ground. Screaming women and very helpful car drivers stop and get me up and back on my feet. The bike was OK and despite a couple of very nice people offering to take me and bike home i carried on the few miles home. Nice black eye in the morning and a very swollen left hand. Could of been a lot worse and carried on working since. Yesterday at work I took a bit of a tumble and of coarse stopped my self with damaged hand. Last night i was in a great deal of pain and with no sleep. Went to Reading A and E got an X ray and sure enough fractured bone in hand. Kind of lied a little and said this happened a couple of days ago and the Doc was a little puzzled .My conscience got the better of me and i opened up and told the truth that this happened two weeks ago. Ah she said that explains the X ray as the fracture has already started to heal. She was very nice and thanked me for being honest " Honest Delta ". I must say the NHS have been very good to me these past few years. Mechanics back problems ,and I have had various scans, I am getting both cataract done next month and now all this as i was seen and X ray'd within a couple of hours. Good old NHS. Thank you.
BTW I agree would love to go back to the old paper MSUK letters.