View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4142880)   #29
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Qualifying was 3 tenths faster than last year. On a quarter-mile, that is a big change!

I watch everything last night (heats/LCQ's/Main). Heat races were much better than 2022. Only issue is Suarez/Brad K. intentionally wrecking because they were so far behind (bunching the field up). Racing was good.

LCQ's were actually really good.

Main - At times was really good. If they could get 5 laps down, the racing got VERY good and was great to watch. Many people only watch NASCAR these days, so they don't understand short-track racing. After 5 laps, the racing was very good. Under 5 laps after a caution, was terrible. Something you would only see with drivers who didn't build their own cars. I think 20 cars would have been better than 27. Top 4 from 4 heats, top 2 from two LCQ's.

Entertainment/Pre-Race was TERRIBLE. Allowed me to get quite a few chores done and watch two full episodes of another show entirely.

Good crowd showed up for the Main. Nobody was there for the heat races (i.e. no real fans). Many people have said they should stick $500k into a new local track each year and race there (new one every year), anything 1/3 mile and larger. Same format, I think it would work better.