View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2023, 19:27 (Ref:4143183)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seems clear enough. With the details being how it is detected.

I’m all for it if they make it work. Things have moved on. Back in the day we didn’t need white lines to tell us where the edge was. There was obviously a generation that needed this for some reason. Perhaps drivers were of a better class back in the day

The thread has amused. I’m enjoying being a cheater with low values for instance!

And the various examples of what would stop doing it. Of all these things there is a clear odd one out;

Armco
Kerbs that damage your suspension
Rocks
Trees
A slippery and slower surface
Concrete filled oil drum (why does it need the drum? )
A white line.

All but one are a choice, but one you don’t want to make, or at least you heighten the risk if you go there by intent or accident.
One is arbitrary and artificial.

We have made great strides in circuit safety. Hurrah! So we now have this artificial limit, which over the last few years we’ve got round to saying it is a limit. Cool.

Let’s solve the problem of detecting it, consistently. If it’s tech, then great, but that comes with expense. If we mean it. I suspect that the governing body would welcome actual constructive engagement. What in Motorsport?! I feel for them.