View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2023, 21:40 (Ref:4143319)   #61
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by abw View Post
I had read "For any race that includes driver changes track limit breaches are per driver (per stint)" to mean that in this scenario the penalty would also be one extra second once a single driver has completed the mandatory stop.

Ahhh, yes, you could be right - reading it again, it seems a bit ambiguous. I took it to mean that, if you were a single driver, your 'stint' is effectively the whole race, because you don't change, whereas a two driver team gets two bites of the cherry.

Now I'm not sure. Further clarification needed!

I wonder if they've written this with the type of race in mind where if there are driver changes, there are driver changes in every team (typically endurance races), in which case it would be fair to all. But there are races where some cars have two drivers, but others have only one doing the whole race.