View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2023, 10:30 (Ref:4143366)   #312
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks for the two links guys and having read both articles I am now even less sure about the fire safety of EV's. I'm sure that possibly both could be sited as propaganda aimed towards a particular cause, but agree that using vehicle data from 2015 and 'miles travelled compared to fires' does allow the 'statistics' to be weighted in EV's favour. In regard to the extinguishing of EV fires, I have been told that our local fire service now have a vehicle that carries a huge container full of (or that can be filled with) water which they put recently extinguished EV's into to prevent reignition. One further thought that this has brought to mind (and I'm certainly no chemist) is what additional problems this will create with regard to pollution (of the water) and the safe disposal of the burned out remains.
I wonder what the next great solution to the supposed problem will be?

Although there has been a large increase in vehicle battery fires , a lot of people and the media seem reluctant to admit it .https://beforeitsnews.com/eu/2022/11...s-2697522.html
A lot of the fires have been caused by charging or collisions , but there have been some that the cause has not been explained , possibly because there is a push for more electric vehicles and they do not want people frightened.