View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2023, 12:18 (Ref:4143780)   #1265
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggs View Post
Ollie's just confirmed that he's racing in the Porsche Carrera Cup this year...
Sad to see him go, but it opens up a prime seat on the grid. Looks like a result of growing work with Alcon and Mountune.

As an aside, it'll be great to see how he fares in PCCGB after a hiatus of over a decade - would be interesting to see if PCCGB classifies him as Pro or Pro-Am.

From Ollie's personal website, I think this is a rather interesting paragraph that may dispel some rumours circulating on this forum

“Pete Osborne and Motorbase have been extremely supportive of my decision, and we will continue to not only be great friends but work together closely through my role in Mountune who supply Napa Racing with the Ford EcoBoost engine. I wish Napa Racing and Mountune the very best of luck for the forthcoming season, I will certainly be cheering them on from the paddock.”

Talk as well of Motorbase looking at an RWD car and endurance racing for Ollie Jackson.

And from Pete Osborne in the same personal press release - "We worked on a few alternative programmes which would have kept Ollie in the Motorbase family and maybe we’ll see him return to a Motorbase car again in the near future. For now, we wish Ollie all the best in his plans back in the Porsche paddock. We will continue to enjoy his involvement in the team in his role with Mountune, who continue to supply our BTCC engines."

Source: https://olliejacksonracing.com/jackson-departs-btcc/