View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2023, 15:53 (Ref:4144801)   #873
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
To be fair Le Mans hasn't really been all that complicated in recent years. GE got you a good amount of access (Test Day all track sessions and race. Tues autograph session. Pitlane on Friday. You can go in the paddock most of the time. Also any grandstand you want outside of the race day).

It's just for this year the ACO's head fell off slightly and they decided to make it a bit more complicated. And in the case of the Friday stuff it's not been adequately explained a) what is happening and b) how ticketing will work/be enforced. Most likely because they didn't quite know the answer to any of those questions.
OK, so this is a 2023 thing. Just seemed to me that there was WAY too much confusion over ticketing than I would expect.

For years I've thought about making the pilgrimage to Le Mans Meca, but this year has discouraged me to do so. For now, it's IMSA based Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen and the Petit Le Mans. It's been pretty much my staple for a couple of decades now. Don't always make it to all but several are just manditory.