View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2023, 14:03 (Ref:4147724)   #244
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I felt the race developed kind of like how I expected it to. We knew Toyota had been practising in the open for a long time, so to beat them, you had to have a very fast car and a smooth operation. The latter was of course cruicial.

I didn't follow the series last year, as it felt very much like a stop-gap year, so I didn't really notice how much Peugeot did last year. But, their car is still quite new. They should have started to get their operations in order by now if they did their homework last year.

Ferrari have tested like crazy, but they did not yet have their operation procedures in order. Considering, they did quite well.

Porcsche had a terrible Daytona from a reliability perspective and for them to finish just 4 laps after the Toyota was a *massive* improvement, especially since Sebring is the toughest race out there!

Endurance racing has seldom been about the milliseconds, so I felt the end result with so many of the top class within 5 laps of the winners I classify as really close!