Thread: WEC WEC 2024
View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2023, 14:43 (Ref:4148798)   #18
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think I'm the only one who's not a huge fan of the double-header. It does somehow seem to be less than the sum of its parts: it's bizarre having a race on a week day for the WEC, and it's meant I've missed the start of the first race of the season whenever it's been held there because I've been at work.

Then the 12 hours comes and I kind of feel like I'm already fatiguing a little bit from watching the WEC the day before.

I'm sure it's an incredible event to go to if you're there, but if we're doing double-headers, I'd rather it was at a new event with a Saturday/Sunday format.
Enter Indy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
As for Middle Eastern rounds, I see them as a necessary evil. The unforgivable aspect is the lack of a UK round.
Why? Are there any major British manufacturers involved, especially in the top category? And out of all the British tracks, Silverstone adds the least entertainment to the schedule. Then again, we all know FIA's fetish for Grade 1 tracks.

Going by my self proclaimed logic, Germany would be the better pick with Porsche (and soon BMW) involved with the series. Plus if you're okay with Silverstone then the Nürburgring GP course won't bother you either.

Reality is, we don't have either. Just more races in the sand traps. Big money talks, big time.